During this unprecedented time in health care, when patients and providers are learning how to interact differently with each other, it is even more important than before to ensure that the Limited English Proficient population is given the methods of communication necessary to safely access care for their chronic or sudden medical needs.
Learn how a leading health care system, with 12 hospitals and more than 300 sites of care, was able to centralize language services, reduce risk, lower cost, and increase patient care and satisfaction.
Our panelists are:
- David A. Cochran, MBA, MTh, Director, Sentara Center for Healthcare Ethics, Advance Care Planning / Ethics / Patient Rights / Civil Rights Coordinator
- Katy Trapp, BSN, RN-BC, Manager, Sentara Center for Healthcare Ethics
- Mary Wilson, Director of Client Services, The Language Group
Topics will include:
- Centralizing language services
- Evaluating the needs of your organization
- Selecting a vendor to meet your needs
- Steps and timeline for a successful implementation
- Strategies for technology integration, staff-buy in, and patient adoption
- Performance metrics and industry best practices